LIKE 12BET

Monday, April 23, 2012

Raikkonen rues missed opportunity


Kimi Raikkonen admitted to being a little disappointed not to win in Bahrain, while his Lotus teammate, Romain Grosjean, was delighted to finish in third place.


22261header.jpg (400×267) 

Raikkonen pestered Sebastian Vettel for the victory, but was unable to pass the Red Bull with his one and only true crack at taking the lead.


“I really should have made it, but I didn’t,” he said, referring to his attack on Vettel at Turn 1 on the 36th lap. “I got one try with Sebastian, but couldn’t use it because I went the wrong side. Then my tyres dropped off and that was it. I knew that was my only chance.


“Nevertheless, the team deserved this and hopefully we can get ourselves into this position more often.”


GP2 champion Grosjean became the first Frenchman to secure a podium finish in Formula 1 since Jean Alesi did so at the Belgian Grand Prix in 1998.


“I think we’re doing some pretty good stuff,” he said. “It’s great - a great feeling so far.


"I’m very proud of the team. We know we had a good car but I think even we are a little bit surprised at where we are.


“We’ve got two cars on the podium and my own first podium feels pretty good."


a79dff50f1.jpg (545×195) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment