LIKE 12BET

Thursday, December 1, 2011

12BET F1 News Update 12/1

Whitmarsh: F1 must take USA by storm

McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh believes Formula 1 must do all it can to "take America by storm" despite doubts about the Austin Grand Prix.

Formula 1 is scheduled to return to the United States next year, but doubts surround plans to build a Grand Prix circuit in Austin, Texas, with organisers having admitted they are willing to delay the debut until 2013.
Bernie Ecclestone has also struck a deal with New Jersey to join the calendar from the 2013 season.
Whitmarsh is still hopeful Austin can go ahead, because he insists it is vital for Formula 1 to succeed in North America.

"I think we need to make a success of North America," said Whitmarsh. "I hope, and I don't honestly know, I hope it is negotiation and posturing and only Bernie knows what is going on there."Bernie I hope, who is meeting them in the next few days, I hope they can come to an accommodation. America is the land of the automobile, you have NASCAR in the south, but F1 should really take America by storm.- http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment