LIKE 12BET

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

MOTORSPORTS news 12BET update 12/07


Vettel domination continues

Sebastian Vettel's domination of motorsport has continued after he was named as the International Racing Driver of the Year.

The German ace won his first world title in 2010 with victory in the last race to hit the top of the standings for the first and most important time in the season but his second success came in stark contrast as he dominated the year from start to finish.

Following a season in which he claimed a record-breaking 15 pole positions as well as 11 race victories, Vettel became Formula One's youngest ever double world champion and has now been honoured at the Autosport awards.

"I don't know where to start to be honest. Last year was my first time picking up one of these trophies, and it means a lot," Vettel said.

"I felt very honoured when I walked down the stairs and everyone, including lots of past and present racing drivers, were clapping, giving me appreciation and respect for what I have achieved. It made me feel very special."

Red Bull's RB7, driven by Vettel and Mark Webber, was also successful as it was named as the Racing Car of the Year. - http://www.setanta.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment