LIKE 12BET

Friday, November 25, 2011

Brazil Grand Prix Race Winner 12BET preview F1 - 11/25 8PM(GMT+8)

Button eyes Webber scalp

Jenson Button would be happy to end the season with a race victory instead of finishing second in the drivers' championship.


The 2009 world champion was Sebastian Vettel's main challenger for most of the season and with just one race to go he is lying second in the championship, ten clear of Ferrari's Fernando Alonso.

Mark Webber is fourth and Button admits he would love the opportunity to finish above the Australian because it would mean McLaren denying Red Bull a one-two.

"It is not so important, I suppose, but I think it is nice to know over a season that you can finish in front of some very good drivers and to finish in front of a Red bull would be great considering Seb won the title in a Red Bull and Fernando was strong in a Ferrari," he told reporters at Interlagos.

"If I get a chance to beat them of course I will be happy - but we would rather come away with a victory than finishing second in the championship. It's still nice if you come away with second.

"I am pretty happy with what I achieved. We haven't been quite good enough to win the championship but we have had a pretty strong year."

Button enjoyed one of his strongest years in Formula 1 and he is delighted with what he achieved throughout the campaign.

"For me I am happy with what we have achieved this year in getting the most out of the car," he went on.

"Japan stands out as a great race, but also other races I have not been able to win, so I take more comfort from the results, not about beating my team-mate over a whole season." - http://www.setanta.com




0 comments:

Post a Comment