LIKE 12BET

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

F1 news 12BET news update 11/29


Head ends F1 involvement

Williams co-founder Patrick Head has decided to end his day-to-day involvement with the Formula 1 team.


Head insists that he is not retiring, however, but will instead concentrate on the company's hybrid power programme.

"I am not going to be directly part of the Williams Formula !programme next year, but it is not retirement," said Head.

"I am going to be doing some work for Williams Hybrid Power, which may sound a bit dry and dull but it is actually quite high tech and quite interesting."

Head, who formed the team in 1977 with Sir Frank Williams, has just overseen as director of engineering Williams' worst season in their history. The Grove-based marquee scored just five points to finish ninth in the constructors' championship.

"I certainly didn't have an ambition to stop my involvement in Formula 1 with a season like this last one," Head admitted.

"But when I look at what specifically I can do to assist (technical director) Mike Coughlan, (chief operations officer) Mark Gillan and (head of aerodynamics) Jason Somerville, I came to the conclusion that it isn't really enough to justify me carrying on doing the same thing.

"It's not interesting for me and it's not good for the company, so I decided to have a change of focus, that's all." - http://www.setanta.com




0 comments:

Post a Comment